Camp Forum: For Camp Directors: Camp Director Corner:
How to best promote a new camp?

TheCHASE
New User

Mar 25, 2008, 5:55 PM

Post #1 of 9 (157888 views)

How to best promote a new camp? Quote | Reply

Hey all,

My wife and I are camp directors for a brand new christian adventure camp in oklahoma. We are having our first full summer this year and we have already begun promoting it but were wondering if anyone had any helpful tips. How do you promote your camp? Also, are there any more good camp websites with big forums?

Thanks much,

Jed

AlohaBeachCamp
New User

Nov 21, 2008, 8:16 AM

Post #2 of 9 (154863 views)

Re: [TheCHASE] How to best promote a new camp? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Hi, I am write a "HOw to Market your camp" summer camp. It's totally free, you don't even have to register for the site. Lots of camp people read it and hopefully you'd find some value in it. I just talk about different tip and marekting strategies you can use for your camp and all that. If you're interested, please have a look at http://www.campmarketingnews.com.

I hope your camp went well last summer!

pinnaclepromos
New User

Sep 24, 2009, 10:08 AM

Post #3 of 9 (148082 views)

Re: [AlohaBeachCamp] How to best promote a new camp? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Everybody likes free giveaways, so try providing informative marketing collateral about your camp and offerings and inserting it into promotional cinch packs, like these ones from Pinnacle Promotions, imprinted with your camp logo and name? The parents are being presented with educational content about your operation, and the kids can enjoy carrying the cinch packs to sports practices, school, and hopefully in the future, your summer camp!

StrongRockCamp
New User

May 4, 2011, 7:22 AM

Post #4 of 9 (145361 views)

Jed--

I hope your first year(s) went well! Do you have a website? That's one of the BEST ways to inform people of your offerings.

D.R.
Strong Rock Camp
Summer Camp in Georgia

mscadmin
User / Moderator

May 4, 2011, 2:58 PM

Post #5 of 9 (145347 views)

Re: [StrongRockCamp] How to best promote a new camp? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Yes, a Web site is the best way to promote your camp, especially in this digital age. Once you have your site in place, there are several ways to promote it - banner ads, Google Adwords, etc. Listing on MySummerCamps.com and KidsCamps.com is one of the best ways to put your camp in front of interested campers who are trying to decide where to go for the summer. Check it out!

And share your camp URL here too!

monique06
New User

Nov 28, 2011, 5:09 AM

Post #6 of 9 (140733 views)

I think you need to advertise your camping, make a website or communicate with the editors of different news paper.

Fiddlehead
New User

Feb 7, 2012, 7:53 AM

Post #7 of 9 (129925 views)

Hi Jed,
I hope your starting to have more luck promoting the new camp. We have a relatively young nature/farm camp in central New Jersey and we've found that besides our website, word of mouth is our biggest help. We offer a returning camper discount and referral gift for any families that refer new families. Also, all the free online calendars and events on a facebook page are a great way to let local families know about your open houses.

Best of Luck,
Claire

Fernbrook Farms Education Center [www.fernbrookeducation.org]

Sean_Hobbs
New User

Jan 4, 2013, 7:41 PM

Post #8 of 9 (62708 views)

Re: [mscadmin] How to best promote a new camp? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

@mscadmin. I agree, that in today's world, a website is absolutely needed. Banner ads, Google Adwords, etc are great ways to get exposure, especially if you have a somewhat larger budget. There are some free alternatives camps can use for publicity once they have a website. They can be pretty effective too. Here's a pretty cool e-book that talks about getting a camp website and leveraging free marketing tools like email and social media to get exposure:

http://www.stadiumroar.com/...orts-programs-for-0/

janoindia
Novice

Apr 29, 2013, 10:48 AM

Post #9 of 9 (48471 views)

Post it on a good social media site and get best results or promote among friends
http://janoindia.com/...di language, Fremont