The Nesiya Summer Israel Experience combines outdoor adventure, workshops in the visual, performing and literary arts, community service projects, cultural activities and creative Jewish study in Israel. Meet artists, educators, nature guides, activists, and community leaders who will work side by side with you creating, exploring, learning and building. Participants travel through three regions of Israel – the Negev, Galil, and Jerusalem – and focus on the origins, development, and role of the land of Israel in the future of the Jewish people.
The program is open to North American and Israeli students completing grades 10-12.
Nesiya is committed to conducting summer Israel programs of the highest educational quality by:
• Recruiting diverse North American and Israeli peers to participate in every program
• Arranging private workshops, concerts, and community service projects with leading Israeli artists, activists and educators
• Choosing distinctive, high-quality facilities in three regions of Israel
• Hiring experienced and mature adults as counselors and senior staff
• Maintaining a small group size of 30-35 participants and a high staff to student ratio of 1:8
• Creating meaningful follow-up opportunities for Nesiya alumni
All Nesiya programs observe the common denominators that are necessary for Jews of different backgrounds to live, learn and celebrate together. Programs are kosher and no full group activities are conducted that violate traditional Shabbat observance.